Thursday, July 16, 2009

On My Wedding


I feel that yesterday's post was like me sitting in front of a classroom reeling off anything that came to mind and saying it as fast as I could. So. I'm going to write something I have told many times before, because 1.) It's very important to me and 2.) No one believes me.

On January 14, 2008 my husband asked me to marry him. On February 2, 2008 we got married. That's right kids, if you can add, and I hope you can, our engagement lasted a whole 18 days! (Actually 16 days, but I will get to that later.) So, now you are probably thinking, "Hm. Was this a shot gun wedding?" The answer is no. My brilliant husband thought I would turn into one of those crazy Bridezilla's and go completely crazy and order a Oreo cookie wedding cake. Hey-I ain't above it. After we re-assured my mom, my hubby's mom, my best friend, my co- workers and everyone else who thought i was pregnant that i wasn't... it was pretty much the most chaotic week in a half of my life. We had to plan and organize 3 things a night, all the way up to the big day.We walked around like zombies from the lack of sleep, and I kept dreaming that I was going to be late for the wedding or that i forgot what day the wedding was on. Most nights I would wake up with a cold sweat and sheets clenched in my hands. Friends. I don't recommend getting that fast. Not even a little bit. Sometimes I regret doing it so fast-that's what she said... when I hear about women planning out their luxurious wedding plans, picking out their bridesmaids dresses at some cute boutique on Main st. -Yeah, I bought mine from Target. com. (Free shipping) I sometimes wonder how it would be if I did have the $10,000 wedding at my disposal. I would probably look something like this. So, maybe my hubby did know better. Well, as if planning a wedding less then a fortnight wasn't enough, our Reverend got sick the morning of the wedding. You know who else got sick? The groom! Well, good thing we got married 2 days before, huh? Did i lose you? Sorry. Hoo-kay... I'll let you all in on a little secret. Not even my best friend knows this... aren't you special? The hubby wanted us to exchange our vows, just the two of us on our actual anniversary of our first date, January 31st. Well, that day was on a Thursday. So, we thought we would be all cute and romantic and get married in the courtesy of our own home where we were relaxed and shared so many good memories. Where we would eventually raise or family... blah, blah, blah. You have my permission to barf now. Anyhoo, we called our good friend the Rev to marry us in our living room. On the floor. In front of my hubby's best friend and the Rev's wife. Our two witnesses. It was great. We took pics, signed papers, kissed and hugged and went out to dinner. Well, let's just say our fake wedding was the exact opposite! I woke up to the sound of my hubby barfing his Tom's BBQ out at 2a.m in the morning of February 2nd. And you can't say it was nerves, because we were already marred. No, he had the stomach flu. Yay! We were really close to calling off the wedding because at this point he was glued to the bathroom floor. And hey, we were already married!! So, like the good wife that I'am, I comforted my husband and held his hair back and everything. We ended up going through with Wedding No.2 having a ceremony that was only 5min long, I kid you not. Poor guy was pale as a ghost and i swear he was going to puke on me right before he kissed me for the "first time" as man and wife. So you are probably wondering who married us huh? My father in-law of course!! I mean, we were already married, what did we care? We just told them the Rev signed all that shiz earlier and we were good to go! So, our Wedding's were a success and all's well that end's well. And people keep telling me, "The worse the wedding, better the marriage."

Well, I guess I'm just going to have to find out...



1 comment: