Saturday, August 8, 2009

I <3 Music Tuesday!

Starting today, and every Tuesday from now on I will share with you fine people 10 rockin songs that tear at my heart strings. Meaning they make me fall in love with music all over again. These songs are all over the chart, so hopefully you can connect with one of them and you will find a new favorite!

* Videos that I found on Youtube (That are somewhat adequate)of the song in it's entirety. I hope I don't suffocate you with all the links I have on here.

1.) FUN. These handsome gentleman are Fun. I might be a little bias with this one because the silly one in the suspenders (Nate Ruess from The Format) was in my favorite band ever. It's all good, becuase Nate is keeping it real with "At Least I'm Not As Sad As I Used To Be" They have thier whole new cd streaming from myspace here. Check them out will ya'? *Fun's Video



2.) Santigold. This chick has some wild beats that will make you want to shake your money maker. It's hard not to like this song, it's super catchy. Try not to like it. I dare you! Check out her song, "Creator". *Santigold's Video


3.) Yeah Yeah Yeahs. I love this band. Ever since "Maps", I have been in love. This is a total head nodding and foot stomping kind of song. I don't know about you, but when this song comes on my iPod I wanna throw on something skanky and walk all over men. Too much? Hmm. Oh, well. Check it. "Gold Lion". * Yeah Yeah Yeah's Video


4.) The Blow. When this song popped up on my Pandora radio. I was all, "Whoa. This is some shit right here." It blew my socks off. It will put you in a sweet mood. Try it on for size. "True Affection" *The Blow's Video

5.) Tegan and Sara. A.K.A Ma' Bitches. These girls are so rad! They can get me out a funk and having me wiggling my toes to their awesome rhymes. I highly recommend their albums, "So Jealous" and "The Con". Here is "Not Tonight". * Tegan and Sara's Video

6.) Cat Power.This lovely lady is Cat Power. I first heard of her from "Juno". She's featured on the soundtrack. She's delighful to listen to. Really! Sing- a-long to "I Don't Blame You" *Cat Power's Video



7.) Yael Naim. I can't help but love Yael Naim. This song is begging for people to hold hands and run in the fields. I would be one of those people. She's amazing. Rock her song with the windows down OK? Her song is "New Soul". *Yael Naim's Video


8.) The Kooks.If I had to give a dime for every song I wanted to listen to, I would be giving my change up for this song right hurr! There is something about this tune that makes me want to walk the streets at a late hour on wet pavement feeling bad ass. Jam out to "Naive" *The Kooks Video
9.) Steel Train. I love these fools. They sing from the heart, and send very deep messages. And Jack's voice makes me swoon. "I Feel Weird" has two versions I like. An *acoustic and the *original. I personally like the acoustic, because it feels more intimate, but you decide. Both are brilliant.
10.) Jimmy Eat World. It's hard for me to describe how this song makes me feel. It's so incredible. I need to share this song with you because you deserve it. Please enjoy "23".
*Jimmy Eat World's Video

That's all I got folks!

Let me know if you dig?

I hope that wasn't too bad. Until next time! Happy Listening!

1 comment:

  1. I just want to add that I've seen Santogold perform live, and the girl puts on an amazing show. She has these coordinated dancers that dress like they're in the military, stand at attention and then bust out awesome routines. I was BLOWN away by her talent, her warmth and her abilities. And? She's hilarious and hot.

    Also: I will fight you for Tegan and Sara. I'm in love with those girls...

    ReplyDelete