Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Sorry, I missed you, please leave a message after the beeeep....

So, I took a break from the blogging world to "re-group". Yeah, that's what I'm going to call it. I had a chance to really think about what I want from this blog and what I want to bring to you all.

As I settle in and get cozy again, I hope you enjoy the journey with me.

Since I have been gone for a couple of weeks I'm going to re-cap all the joyous things I have been up to.

-Knitting. So, my MIL (Mother in law) and SIL (Sister in law) went on our happy way to "Jo-Ann's" for our very first knitting class. I was anxious and really excited because I really wanted to succeed at this new craft and show off to the hubby. So, we went to our "classroom" which was just a blocked off part of the store where they held all of their arts and crafts classes and met our teacher for the evening. I can't tell you her name, because frankly she didn't tell us. Yup, how is that for a great teacher? To be kind she was only teaching us 3 for 2 and half hours but still. What was I supposed to call her? "Um... hey teacher lady with the purple stick things... can you help me do that thing again... you know the thing that's the name of that one hard rock band?" (Slipknot) Anyway, she was a crappy teacher that has been knitting for over40 years but yet couldn't show us how to hold our needles and answer most of our questions. SIL was super irritated and I think it ruined the rest of her night. Big waste of $35 if you ask me. My MIL taught me better and she learned from youtube. If I didn't have any lick of practice beforehand I would of had NO IDEA how to do anything. However bad the experience was i felt accomplished that I went outside my comfort zone and took a class I usually wouldn't do. I'm still practicing, maybe I will knit myself a sweet scarf before Christmas. My poor MIL has been so frustrated since the class, she would go back on youtube to learn more. Becuase like the internet, youtube can show you everything. When I finally found out the real reason why she wanted to learn how to knit so bad was not to knit a warm Afgan. . No, it was because she wanted to be prepared when she has "gran'babies".

Hint, hint, hint...

And I'm like..."uhhhhhh...."

So yeah... MIL you will be waiting awhile. Sorry. -Hey, I'm giving her time to perfect her new skills.

-House? The hubby and I have been looking casually for houses for awhile now, and now that we know how much we could be pre-approved for, we have been taking it a little bit more serious. So, hopefully our really nice and patient realitor will show us some houses that are in our price range. I'm super happy that we can even buy another house considering we already have one. You gotta love loans and getting into debt. Yay! Hopefully I'm not jinxing all of this too, by telling you all this. I'm really superstitious when it come to this stuff. Send us good vibes. Lulu needs a new backyard to run around in.

-Losing weight. So, I decided that I'm not in the most tip-top shape right now. I'm probably the heaviest I have been. Ever. My goal weight is about 25 pounds lighter then I'am right now... I know throw shoes, dung, tomatoes or whatever at me. But this has been weighing down on my heart and I have been beating myself up about it for sometime. I'm going to start counting calories, drinking more water, less soda and keeping track of my portions. Oh, and the treadmill. It will be my new best friend. I'm not gonna go crazy on it or anything. I'm not going to be like, " Whew, I just ran 20 miles on my treadmill and boy, do I feel AMAZING!!" I doubt I can even drive for 20 miles. ( I HATE DRIVING) Baby steps. Walking that will turn into fast walking until I get to the obligated jogging/running point of my work out. Then I'll start holding my breath, becuase that's what you do when you get to the point where you want to die, and then I'll stop. I think I'll keep up this routine for about a day. Si se pueda! So, let's hold hands and be friends again. We can lose this weight together! OK. Just kidding. Don't start throwing knives at me.

So, that's all I got.

Let me know what you're up to. I sure did miss you friends.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're back! And I'm on the weight loss bandwagon with ya---just joined Weight Watchers and am workin' on it.

    Anyways, good luck! Sorry about the knitting class, too, btw. What a waste!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi friend! So glad you are back! Love the new look as well! Houses? Knitting? Treadmill? We soooooo need to catch up... for real! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for checking out my blog, and if you find a way to fend off the grandparent comments from your parents let me know! Mister and I have been married for a year and everyone's starting to get excited for babies.

    Babies that are in their heads, that I am not having any time soon lol

    ReplyDelete